In my post about the battery locomotive kit I mentioned I got two to help with adding depth and also in case of mishap.
Typically I was vindicated not half an hour into the project.
I was wrestling with how to make the bufferbeam extensions and so folded up one of them to get a feel for it.
I decided the easiest answer was to join three pieces of 60 thou plasticard together (liberal application of liquid poly) and use that to provide the thickness rather than the rather weedy cardboard box the kit would have you make.
While then chopping off the unwanted bits of the bufferbeam assembly the one I used to trial the construction then broke where I did not want it to. The picture below shows the two completed ones, the broken one, and one in original condition.
Next job will be to glue on the parts and shape accordingly.