Ok, having got the childish joke out of the way at the beginning we can carry on talking about bogies.
Having acquired the battery loco card kit I needed a chassis for it. I spent some time looking at proprietary bogies and came to the conclusion that I could buy a set for a battery loco from Radley’s models but given this was supposed to be a cheapy modelling exercise even the cost of £8 a pair was too much.
In my bits box I had a mainline LMS corridor coach. This has bogies I thought I could make to represent the plate bogies of the battery locos sufficiently for the scene I was creating.
The pictures show the hacking I did. Next will be to fit a set of beams and shoes (which I have in my bits box from an aborted project where I bought the detailing pack for the Hornby cl466.
The final article won’t be totally accurate but this is all about having an interesting moving scene not about rivet counting.
Before (r) and after (l)