Penlowry

Chronicling the development of my 5-gauge 4mm scale model railway with a few off-topic insights thrown in for free

Two strike strategy

Leave a comment

In my post about the battery locomotive kit I mentioned I got two to help with adding depth and also in case of mishap. 

Typically I was vindicated not half an hour into the project. 

I was wrestling with how to make the bufferbeam extensions and so folded up one of them to get a feel for it. 

I decided the easiest answer was to join three pieces of 60 thou plasticard together (liberal application of liquid poly) and use that to provide the thickness rather than the rather weedy cardboard box the kit would have you make. 


While then chopping off the unwanted bits of the bufferbeam assembly the one I used to trial the construction then broke where I did not want it to. The picture below shows the two completed ones, the broken one, and one in original condition. 

Next job will be to glue on the parts and shape accordingly. 

Advertisements

Author: Chris H

Now in my fourth decade, I am a rolling stock engineer and have worked in many different locations including a 7 year spell in Sydney, Australia, where I arrived with a suitcase and left with a wife and a son. I am now based back in my home county of Yorkshire where I juggle full time work, being a Dad, and trying to fit in railway modelling and visits to volunteer on the Ffestiniog Railway. In addition to my heavily railway themed life, I am interested in rugby, cricket, reading crime novels, falconry, and medieval re-enactments.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s