My friend Rob, of Bron Hebog and Dduallt fame, pointed out quite rightly that cutting 60 thou plasticard is “purgatory”. And he should know. It’s what he’s built the houses on Bron Hebog out of, and there’s enough of the things to make you weep.
However, most of my cuts on the battery loco are external not internal so I intend to mechanise the effort slightly.
I bought this scrollsaw on eBay a while back. However the well known courier company lost it so I got my money back from them. As I suspected might happen, about a month later it turned up. So it owes me nothing.
I set it up tonight but noticed the saw blade was anything but vertical. I then noticed two shim pieces on the desk which had fallen out of the clamps. Adding those improved matters but didn’t solve the issue.
Then I realised this saw has probably had a hard life and it had oodles of play in the back “bearing”. Side to side play on a coupling rod may be ok but on one of these it’s a disaster.
Being of German origin I raided my metric washer box and added an M8 washer to each side, and a soupçon of oil to the moving parts. Now it is close enough to vertical for my purposes and runs sweet as a nut.