Having got the unpainted milk wagons I’ve set about making the transfers for them.
I’ve dismantled the tankers and got them ready for painting. In sizing the transfers I could, and perhaps should, have measured the diameter and then a quick pi x d and got the circumference and then reduced it by the amount not needed for the underneath.
Back in my youth I’d have made a right maths exercise out of it with angles and whatnot, but honestly, I haven’t the time, and the only person I know who’d still do that now would be the Patriarch. He’d probably be really disappointed I didn’t do the maths. And probably just as disappointed about starting the sentence above with “but”. Not to mention “and” in the last sentence.