Well after much swearing and about a month later than planned, my model of Caynham Court is ready for the paintshops. Unfortunately that won’t happen for a bit though as it’s freezing in the Penlowry painting booth at the moment. However, at least it can sit on the shelf waiting for the warmer weather.
Since last time, I’ve added the outside steam pipes using 247 Developments Castle / King ones turned round and hacked (they’re too large but they’ll do – my model railway and all that). I’ve added lamp brackets and vac brake pipe, added cam rods attached to inside valve gear, taken from a set of Duke of Gloucester valve gear parts from Hornsby spares, modified the valve chests with plasticard and modified the tender to represent a 3500 gal Collett one after extensive study revealed something I hadn’t noticed – more another time.
Of course as always the photo is cruel – it’s not that rough to the naked eye.
I’ll add the reach rod once I’ve painted it.
However I’m pleased with the outcome and it was a nice challenge for something a bit different from a very indifferent model starting point so now onto the next thing, probably back in narrow gauge land.