So we’ve begun. The first part of the railcar was to remove some of the features that make it easier to make – I know how crazy am I!
The easiest method I’ve found of removing excess material without filing myself into boredom is to use an end mill in my pillar drill with the depth stop set so I can’t drill through the plastic. Not the highest quality engineering but very effective.
What this earlier picture also shows is that from the inside, the window apertures are actually quite small. That is no good for my idea so I opened them out again using the same technique.
They still need some tidying up and I am as yet undecided whether to get rid of all the pillars and make a whole new window ladder.
Next post will particularly not be the one for diecast model collectors – you have been warned!