There is no way I am a pro at painting. It is my least favourite job but if you are going to hack models about to create others, you have to live with the probable consequences and do some painting.
The railcar was always intended to be LNER tourist green and cream but when I applied the LNER roof grey it looked all wrong. So I remarked the body and decorated it in BR (post 1985) grey, and much better it looked too.
I also remembered the wheeze of using some lining to hide the dodgy line between the paint colours so I used some BECC’s vinyl. This is excellent stuff and comes in strips of different thicknesses. I originally got some in black for lining where I also wanted to create the look of beading on another project, so I then went and got some in silver for this job.
I’m pretty pleased with the result and once the glazing is in and I’ve touched up a couple of areas I’ll reveal the whole model.