Hello listeners. It has been a while. It’s all been a bit rubbish on the doing front over at Penlowry. The office move is taking a lot longer than originally planned which really doesn’t help. We finally found something the previous owner had stuck on / down we’ll – unfortunately it was the wallpaper in the room allocated for Pwnlowry’s new home. Added to which, corners had been cut, literally, in the application of the wallpaper. With that finally removed it was revealed the previous plaster had been put on with a tile trowel (not really but it wasn’t great) so now we’ve had a plasterer in to skim the walls. Hopefully the room will get painted shortly (yes it dried since the photo was taken) and then the move can take place.
Following such a tale of woe, there is some good news. Yesterday I managed to sort through my existing office which had become a bit of a dumping ground to such an extent that I now can resume some modelling activity.
Although I am working with a friend on a future 3D kit of Earl of Merioneth (his kit, not mine, I just get to be the guinea pig), I am still going to build the one I was going to do using a Langley kit as the base. This is because the one I want to do is in a hybrid (born out of wedlock-ised) condition which is slightly fictitious but more accurate to my time on the footplate and the one I’ll build with the prototype kit will be as original condition.
Last night I got a chance to dig the kit out and have a look. I’d forgotten how rough it is – mine had had all the fine details robbed (I got it cheap) but that’s fine as it allows me to replace them with decent stuff but I did spend the evening paring and filing vac pipes, handbrake, and regulators off the base castings. Well until I stabbed myself with a scalpel. Twice. Out of practice I am.
But just to finish here is a picture of 6320, the oil fired mogul, awaiting its new plates and cab shutters.