The chimney turning is still progressing. My inability to get two chimneys to look the same is a bit embarrassing. However, we will get there. Here’s the one that’s done. A bit of filler round the bottom will see it properly landed.
I have also added the blower pipes to both smokeboxes and the ejector pipe to the bottom end. The ejector pipe does a bit more of a graceful wiggle when it goes past the dome in real life but I decided not to replicate that. I have limits!
In addition I’ve set about the cab details. Normally I’m not too fussed about that, particularly on a D/F where the crew fill the cab doors but with the Square there is the ruddy great sunroof (most useful on warm days) so I’ve taken a bit of effort.
The regulators are made out of a spare bit of kit from the Patriarch’s collection.
These where fitted to a length of brass wire to make the regulators.
The cab details were then knocked up with a bit of plasticard for the shelf and for the folded up seats. Here is a view from the fireman’s side. I still need to take a slitting saw to the regulator handles to separate them.
It’ll do the job. All the rest of the cab fittings will go on the cab upper section and the floor that is part of the main body.
You’ll also note that the photo above shows the quadrants have gone. The photo above that shows 1 of the quadrants and 1 missing. I need to do something about it because the carpet monster in the room is deep pile dark blue and is very good at eating anything useful. I don’t think the lack of quadrants is an issue but I may need to put down a mat under my chair to protect modelling works from the bitey bitey carpet teeth.